Password Security & Staying safe online
There have been many instances of online email accounts being hacked especially Yahoo XtraMail accounts
- NZ Herald article 27 Feb 2013 - This was a timely reminder to use strong passwords all the time.
Below is information about some extra features to keep your online email etc safe & secure
Articles on Choosing Strong Passwords
- Google - Helping passwords better protect you
- Google's Good to know - Secure your passwords
- Cloudwards.net - How to Set Up a Strong Password
- Wikihow.com Choose a Secure Password
- Lifehacker.com - Choose and remember great passwords
- Microsoft.com - 5 passwords you should never use
- Password checker
- How secure is your password...
- Stormpath.com - 5 myths about passwordsecurity
Short video on how to create a strong password
Articles on Staying Safe Online
Google Accounts 2 Step Authentication
Google's Gmail and Google G Suite both can use 2 Step Authentication
2 Step Authentication is where you have to authorise your login username and password from a different computer with a code sent to your mobile phone
About 2-step verification Googles - 2-step verification
If you are using Google G Suite for your domain (I.E. logging into Gmail using your own email address)
If you are a customer of mine and use Google G Suite - let me know if you want to turn on 2 Step Authentication in Google G Suite it takes me about 2 minutes to enable it.